Your comments and information are welcome:
Family Name Map Surname List Pictures
|Andrew Laidlaw, 1725||Edward Saunders, 1770||William Wilson, 1830||Henry Lunn, 1700|
|James Burnet, 1725||John Main, 1756||Alexander Cairns, 1835||Thomas Varndell, 1750|
|John Kinlay, 1770||John Crombie (Crambie), 1751||Alexander Drysdale, 1850||John W Harvey, 1840|
|Robert McCall (McCaul), 1745||Archibald Downs, 1766|
|Robert Thorburn, 1702||James Pearson 1719|
Navigating this page:
The "FAMILY NAME MAP" is a concise chart showing how the main family names are connected. Clicking on boxes in the left hand column will bring up family group detail sheets for the individual concerned. Clicking on boxes in the other columns will bring up the relevant family descendant chart.
the SURNAME LIST provides links to relevant descendant charts.
- Descendant Charts
- Within descendant charts, shaded boxes have links to the relevant family group detail sheets.
The GEDCOM file contains comprehensive details of all known connections of my family. This will only be readable by importing it into a genealaogy software package. Consistent with standard genealogical practice, living people are excluded except for myself and my wife (if I have inadvertently included a living person my apologies are offered, and this will be corrected on notification).
Family History Files are text (.txt) files with comprehensive details for the relevant family. If you do not use genealogy software this may be a convenient way of downloading information. Living people are excluded as per GEDCOM file.
I am grateful to the following relatives and contacts (some close, others distant) for their assistance with tracing my ancestors
- Ian Glendinning, Aberdeen Scotland (Almost all information about Glendinning family, and help with Laidlaw, Burnet and Leyden connections)
- Fiona Truncik, BC Canada (Downs family)
- Deborah Elliot, Vancouver ( Family of James K Laidlaw and other descendants of Andrew Laidlaw and Susana Rutherford)
- Tony Saunders, Winchester England ( Saunders, Pearson and Crombie families)
- Jim Saunders, Truro, Nova Scotia (Family of George Saunders, son of Thomas Saunders and Catherine Carruthers)
- Mary Laidlaw, Dunfermline, Scotland (Laidlaw family)
- M Robinson (Details of family of Andrew Laidlaw and Agnes Glendinning from Teviothead cemetry)
- Peter Gill, Australia (Burnet will with details of families of Andrew Laidlaw and Agnes Glendinning and John Laidlaw and Margaret Burnet)
- Most records have been sourced from the Scottish Records Office site scotlandspeople.gov.uk and
- Familysearch www.familysearch.org the genealogy site of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints.
- These sources are identified in the notes as:
- - SRO in the case of Scotlandspeople and the case of familysearch as
- - IGI (International Genealogical Index), Pedigree File or Ancestral File in the case of familysearch records. It is noted that the Family Search site warns that Ancestral files have not been verified against official records.
Prepared by: Michael Rutherfurd Laidlaw 30 Aug 2009